The BRAILLE CHALLENGE is a national program of the Braille Institute® hosted by regional schools and agencies that serve blind and visually impaired children. It is the only national braille literacy competition of its kind in the country, and is specifically designed to challenge and reward blind students for their study of braille, which is essential to their future academic and employment success. Regional students who score among the top 60 nationally are invited to Braille Institute in Los Angeles for a final competition!
- 2014 Florida Regional Braille Challenge – “Save the Date”
- Florida Regional Braille Challenge FAQ
- Promoting Literacy Skills in Students Who Are Blind and Visually Impaired
Braille Challenge Information and Forms Coming Soon!
Florida Instructional Materials Center for the Visually Impaired wishes to gratefully acknowledge the generous support of our 2014 Regional Braille Challenge sponsors:
- Braille Institute of America
- Brailleworks, Inc.
- Broward Schools Program for Visually Impaired
- Caspers Company
- Central Florida Braille Association
- Dunkin’ Donuts
- Florida Association for the Education and Rehabilitation of the Blind and Visually Impaired
- FNS Cafeteria
- Florida Reading and Vision Technology
- Florida State University Visual Disabilities Program
- Grace Covenant Presbyterian Church
- Lighthouse of Broward
- Lighthouse Central Florida
- Lighthouse of Pinellas
- Lions Eye Institute Foundation
- Mid-Florida Council of the Blind
- National Braille Press
- Olive Garden Restaurant
- Orange County Schools Visually Impaired Program
- Pinellas Braille Group
- School District of Hillsborough County
- Seedlings Braille Books for Children
- Tampa Lighthouse for the Blind
Please contact Sue Glaser for additional information at FloridaBrailleChallenge@gmail.com or 813-695-8193.