The BRAILLE CHALLENGE is a national program of the Braille Institute® hosted by regional schools and agencies that serve blind and visually impaired children. It is the only national braille literacy competition of its kind in the country, and is specifically designed to challenge and reward blind students for their study of braille, which is essential to their future academic and employment success. Regional students who score among the top 60 nationally are invited to Braille Institute in Los Angeles for a final competition!
Online Registration is now available for teachers, parents, families, and volunteers! Students are already registered and DO NOT need to do online registration.
2016 Regional Braille Challenge Resources
- 2016 Tentative Agenda for Braille Challenge
- 2016 Braille Challenge Practice Materials
- 2016 Florida Regional Braille Challenge – “Save-the-Date Flyer”
- Florida Regional Braille Challenge FAQ
- Promoting Literacy Skills in Students Who Are Blind and Visually Impaired
2016 FL Braille Challenge Student Permission Forms and Online Registration
- North Florida – January 28, 2016, Jacksonville Public Library, 303 N. Laurel Street, Jacksonville, FL 32202 – due date November 16th. North Permission Form
- East Florida – February 19, 2016 – Grace Covenant Presbyterian Church – 1655 Peel Avenue, Orlando, FL 32806 – due date November 30th. East Permission Form
- South Florida – February 26, 2016 – Arthur Ashe, Jr. Campus – 1701 N.W. 23rd Avenue, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33311 – due date November 30th. South Permission Form
- West Florida – March 04, 2016 – Lions Eye Institute Foundation – 1410 N. 21st Street, Tampa, FL 33605 – due date November 30th. West Permission Form
2016 Regional Braille Challenge Sponsors: Click Here
Please contact Sue Glaser for additional information at FloridaBrailleChallenge@gmail.com, Cell Phone: 813-695-8193 or Fax: 813-837-7979.