Student Registration Information
Download Student Permission form and Application below
Requirements to Participate:
- A parent/guardian or assigned party is required to remain on-site throughout the event.
- Students must use a white cane for this contest, and must wear closed-toe shoes.
- ALL students who register must participate in all aspects of Florida Cane Quest with a family member or adult who is 18 years old or older, known as the contestant’s teammate. A younger teammate can assist, but both must be supervised by an adult. Attendance at the face-to-face portion on Saturday is optional.
- A student’s visual acuity must fall within the B1 through B4 classification range as defined by the United States Association of Blind Athletes.
- Class B1 - No light perception in either eye up to light perception, but inability to recognize the shape of a hand at any distance or in any direction.
- Class B2 - From ability to recognize the shape of a hand up to visual acuity of 20/600 and/or a visual field of less than 5 degrees in the best eye with the best practical eye correction.
- Class B3 - From visual acuity above 20/600 and up to visual acuity of 20/200 and/or a visual field of less than 20 degrees and more than 5 degrees in the best eye with the best practical eye correction.
- Class B4 - From visual acuity above 20/200 and up to visual acuity of 20/70 and a visual field larger than 20 degrees in the best eye with the best practical eye correction.
- Students will compete in one of four groups:
- Scout Grades 3-6
- Pioneer Grades 7-12 (new cane travelers or those working on basic skills)
- Explorer Grades 7-9
- Trailblazer Grades 10-12
Student Registration Deadline:
October 13, 2023
Return to Sue Glaser:
- Scan/Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call (813-837-7826) or email with questions.
Student Registration Documents:
Scouts and Pioneers
Explorers and Trailblazers