Designing and Planning a Tactile Graphic
Date of event: July 28, 2020
This webinar will offer a basic understanding of:
- Which print images should be produced as a tactile graphic? Why?
- What other techniques can be used to convey the content?
- Planning and Editing:
- Determine which details in the image are important and should be included in the tactile graphic;
- Determine what production method will be most efficient and effective for this graphic;
- Using an organized process for determining which areas, lines, point symbols and labels will be used;
- Shortcuts, tips and tricks for providing the most information in the clearest way for the reader
- Overview of BANA Guidelines and Standards for Tactile Graphics and how to use it
- Examples of print images for participants to work on during the webinar discussions will be distributed prior to the webinar.
- Planning sheets for participants to complete during the webinar instruction will be distributed prior to the webinar.
Resources to be shared:
- BANA Guidelines and Standards for Tactile Graphics 2010- main manual and tactile graphics supplement if available.
- A resource list of image libraries that offer ready-made tactile graphics bases to tailor to your students’ needs will be provided.