The Florida Council of the Blind (FCB) Scholarship Program – Deadline March 24, 2019
This program consists of awards totaling $4,000.00, offered to exemplary students who are enrolled in academic education, professional or technical training beyond the high school level.
The scholarship opportunities are:
- Gayle M. Krause-Edwards Scholarship: $1,500.00- Available to an eligible applicant who is enrolled full-time, and has completed one semester of college, in a course of study which will increase advancement potential in his/her chosen field
- Teresa Blessing Scholarship: $1,000.00- Offered to an outstanding full-time college student
- Timothy Turpin Scholarship: $1,000.00- Offered to a high school student graduating and exhibiting academic and leadership excellence planning to attend college full-time
- Bobbie Probst Scholarship: $500.00- Awarded to an eligible applicant who is enrolled part-time in a college or university, or a student enrolled in a technical institute.
Application packets and eligibility requirements for all scholarships can be found on the Florida Council of the Blind website.
All applications and documents must be received no later than March 24th, 2019.
Visual Aid Volunteers of Florida – Deadline March 30, 2019
Visual Aid Volunteers of Florida (VAVF) is once again offering scholarships to 2019 graduating seniors. Please share the attached application form with any of your students who may qualify. Applicants must meet these requirements:
- Applicant must be legally blind.
- Student must be a Florida resident.
- Student will be continuing education at college or trade school after graduation.
- Completed application form must be received by the March 30, 2019 deadline.Scholarship funds will be distributed directly to the student’s account at the school they will attend. For further information, contact Mariann Witengier at firstname.lastname@example.org.